Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day 0: The End


It is with a heavy heart that I announce the premature departure of Dino. Unfortunately, his eulogy isn't full of praise, but rather disappointment. In his short life as a 365 project, he failed to inspire or ignite any creativity within me as I had hoped he would. Instead, he left me feeling the pressure of needing to complete a task, and little more. I am thankful for his attempt, and do not assign all the blame on Dino. We were to be a team, and that just never materialized. Instead, perhaps, we became the bane to each other's creative existence... Simply, it was not meant to be. In just over a week we did cover a lot of ground, but Dino was always the dark cloud looming overhead, raining on my proverbial free-spirited parade. Now he is gone. May he rest in plastic dinosaur peace.

My plan is to seek creative inspiration elsewhere in the world around me, such as with the experience of teaching digital photography to a group of youths this semester. This experiment feels like a catalyst to jump-start that inspiration with the realization that it takes more than an ill-conceived gimmicky 365 project to get my motor running. Changing gears again, except this time, from a sincere place.

Thanks for checking back!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the spirit of Dino can live in others....he could be a visitor on each of your new students photo adventures and see where he goes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I truly appreciate you taking the time.