Friday, January 17, 2014

Coming Up...

In just a couple weeks, I will begin teaching my first photography class. The semester begins January 27th, and I am very excited to be teaching Digital Photography at the Sitar Arts Center in Washington, D.C.

The Sitar Arts Center is a community center offering after-school programming for under-served youth in the arts. Classes include photography (digital and traditional dark-room), dance, theater, various painting/drawing classes, musical instrument instruction and more! More information can be found at the Sitar website regarding their history, programs and much much more!

I am also ramping up the courage to begin a 365 project. I know this is a somewhat tired concept, but I really think it will re-invigorate me creatively, provide me a new challenge, as well as be something just a little different and quirky.

Mine will actually be a "Dino-a-Day" project, where I showcase the little toy dinosaur that came included with my order from photojojo (thanks guys!) in various locales and situations. The folks over at photojojo have a knack for keeping things interesting and fun, so now it's my turn to re-gift some of their quirkiness with you.

Some days I might just post the photo, others I might provide details and a story. Others might have both a dino post and a completely unrelated post on the same day. I really just don't know yet, as I have never attempted a daily project before.

Other than that, nothing too big here. I am hoping to get my studio space finished up soon, and begin work on a couple pieces I have in mind, as well as re-visiting my website and its design as I feel like my website needs a new and fresh look. I have a couple ideas...

Wish me luck and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I truly appreciate you taking the time.