Saturday, March 13, 2010

Our Nation's Capital


Last month I was lucky enough to make my first visit to Washington, D.C. I knew the trip wouldn't be all fun & games, yet I knew that somehow I could manage to see a thing or two while there, so before leaving home, I made a list of all the things I would like to see, places I'd like to visit, and so on.

My list included all the regular stops, as well as a visit to our National Grange Offices, The Octagon House, The Kennedy Center, Old Ebbitt Grill, and many more (52 total on my list). By the end of the week, I was able to complete all but 10 on my list, and my feet had the blisters to prove it!

Of all the places I visited, the Holocaust Museum had the most impact, walking up the steps of the Supreme Court was the most empowering, and... well, it was all incredibly amazing, especially for me, a huge fan of history and architecture! Everything was seriously fantastic, except the gnarly food poisoning from the food at the National Museum of the American Indian (took me OUT for a night).

If you are ever headed to visit our nation's capital, and want some info, please let me know. I would be happy to share my experiences and make recommendations. In the meantime, I have added a few of the better photos to the BSC Online Gallery (link @ left) from my trip. I hope you like them, and travel well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I truly appreciate you taking the time.