Tuesday, August 10, 2010

XFS 53 Grudge Match 8/6/10


HOLY S%@T! That was my reaction last Friday night... and that was just after the first fight! Josh Wick, a 15 year old from Kuna was the first victor of the night in what was surely "Fight of the Night", winning by referee stoppage in the 3rd. Other victors of the night included Marcos Titano, Pablo Ayala, AJ Paulsen, David Manery, Ryan Carpenter, Erin Quinn, John Medbery, Salvador Ramirez, Sara Thomas, Ronny RHodes, and last but certainly not least, Jeremy "Yabo" Yablonski. Congratulations to all the fine competitors!

While some of the fights went exactly as expected, there were several upsets as well, and many fighters making their debuts attained victory. The skill some of these previously untested fighters was incredible, and I believe we only caught a glimpse of what the future of local MMA holds at XFS 53.

Fans were left with a few questions though... what happened to the extravagant title belts of yore (new ones were a bit, eh hem, "light")? Why didn't David Herrera and Jeffery Jalon fight (they were on the card)? And what's with Aric Iverson? This is, I believe, the third event in a row where he was scheduled to defend his title, and the third in a row that he didn't (I heard a locally well-known long-time amateur came knocking, and Aric said no to the fight, but that is merely hearsay). Whatever the case, let's get the belt back up for grabs!

And now, what you've all been waiting for... pics! Click on the "Gallery" link to the left and visit a sampling of my fight photos... I think you will enjoy them!

4 comments:

  1. Get your facts straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure which facts you are referring to, unless about Aric, and like I said, that is merely hearsay. My point was that there were questions that night... questions from fans... Personally, I'd like to see Aric defend his belt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing the comment was posted by the untrustworthy shiny head Thompson or his faithful little side kick, Shameless Shea! To bad there wasn't better faces behind the promotion company, the fight nights would be something to look forward too again. Evil can only rule for so long!!

    Your doing a great job, BSC! Keep it coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No reason to name call here (this isn't the forum for flaming). I believe all of the promoters try and do the best they can, just as all the coaches and fighters do. There will always be differing opinions and views on every event, situation and the like.

    I think what's important is for the MMA community to work together to provide the best opportunities and experiences for everyone involved from fighters to fans, gyms to promoters, and even those pesky photogs.

    I look forward to every fight night regardless, and will continue to support local MMA as best as I can, which I do through the lens of my camera. And oh yeah, thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback! I truly appreciate you taking the time.